How to choose the right jack
Jacks selection is limited by two constrains:
Load capacity and horsepower. The load capacity of the Jack is limited by the structural constrains of its components. The horsepower limit of the Jack is a result of the ability to dissipate heat generated from the internal frictions.
Main design criteria:
- load capacity – Fmax;
- torque and power calculation;
- multiple screw jack arrangement;
- safety factor;
- mechanical stops;
- screw jack stroke;
- critical work screw length;
- maximum work screw length versus load;
- critical work screw length.